Man on Scooter Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash on South Santa Rosa in San Antonio; Jose Martinez Arrested

Man on Scooter Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash on South Santa Rosa in San Antonio; Jose Martinez Arrested

25-Year-Old Man Injured in San Antonio Scooter Accident on South Santa Rosa; Jose Martinez Arrested

San Antonio, Texas (July 5, 2021) – According to the police, a 25-year-old man on a scooter was injured early Monday morning in a hit-and-run crash in San Antonio.

The accident happened around 12:40 a.m., in the 100 block of South Santa Rosa, near North Flores Street and Interstate 10.

Police said the man on a scooter was exiting Market Square when he was struck by a sedan.

The man was taken to University Hospital with a broken leg.

The sedan driver, Jose Martinez, 61, fled the scene and was found about a block away with an open container inside his vehicle.

Martinez was evaluated for a DWI and was taken into custody. He was taken to the Bexar County Jail on charges of DWI and failure to stop and render aid resulting in serious bodily injury.

The police are conducting the investigation.

In Texas, a driver is legally intoxicated after consuming alcohol if their blood alcohol content (BAC) is .08% or higher. A driver is also considered intoxicated if they don’t have the normal use of their mental or physical faculties by reason of the introduction of alcohol. Alcohol however is not the only intoxicant, as drivers can become intoxicated by ingesting prescription and illegal drugs such as crack, marijuana, and cocaine.

Regardless of what substance caused the driver’s reaction time to become significantly altered, intoxication by any means can cause terrible accidents and injuries.

Innocent victims harmed by drunk drivers are entitled to compensation for their injuries, including but not limited to medical expenses; lost wages; pain and suffering and mental anguish; physical impairment and disability; and most importantly, punitive damages to deter future conduct.

If you have been injured because of a drunk driver, you will want a knowledgeable accident lawyer to bring a personal injury action against the drunk driver.

To speak with one of our highly qualified lawyers at  Joel A. Gordon & Associates Click to call: 281-943-5555.

Share this post